BARRETTINE BOILED LINSEED OIL
A natural linseed oil (from the extract of flax seed) blended with driers to improve drying times. Boiled Linseed penetrates unsealed wood leaving a natural, water resistant finish with a slightly enhanced colour that darkens slightly with age. For oiling many types of bare wood mainly for internal use and Woodcare applications. (Not suitable for Oak, furniture or flooring).
A traditional treatment to seal terracotta tiles and other porous substrates. Can be mixed with burnt sand to form a caulking to fill gaps between timber and masonry.
Apply minimum 3 coats leaving 12-24 hours between each coat and a minimum of 2-4 days after the final coat before using treated item
For best results on new woods, dilute the first two coats with 30% Barrettine Turps/White Spirit
If used outside, we recommend a prior application of wood preservative treatment that must be allowed to dry before applying Boiled Linseed Oil. Regular retreatment will be required.
- Application: Brush or lint free cloth
- Coverage: 1 litre to 8-10 sq metres
Ideal for most bare woods with the exception of oak where darkening could occur.
PREPERATION AND APPLICATION
Preparation and method of application are essential for great results:
- Shake oil well before use. Keep container upright at all times
- Ensure wood to be treated is dry, free from dirt and repellant coatings such as wax, paint and varnish (remove and sand down as required).
- Wipe oily woods with White Spirit before application
- Apply by brush or lint free cloth – after 10-15 minutes, remove excess oil with a lint free cloth
- Clean equipment with Barrettine White Spirit
- Precaution: cloths used for oiling may spontaneously combust. Immediately after use, soak them in soapy water then lay them flat outside on a non-combustible surface to dry