BARRETTINE GARDEN FURNITURE OIL
A natural blend of clear oils and resins for the treatment and enhancement of all types of garden furniture. It penetrates unsealed wood leaving a natural, water resistant finish ideal for outdoor garden furniture. Regular use will nourish, protect and reduce the greying appearance of weathered wood.
Use a Garden Furniture Cleaner first to remove lichen, algae, moss and similar detritus for best results.
Apply by brush or lint free cloth – after 10-15 minutes, remove excess oil with a lint free cloth.
Apply 2- 3 thin coats leaving 9 hours between each coat and a minimum of 1- 2 days after the final coat before using treated item. To give a superior smooth finish rub down with fine stainless steel wool rubbing in the direction of the grain between coats.
Treat Garden furniture at least once a year. Suitable for oak.
Clean equipment with White Spirit.
- Drying Time: 48 Hours
- Coverage: 1 litre up to 10 sq metres
PREPERATION AND APPLICATION
Preparation and method of application are essential for great results:
- Shake oil well before use. Keep container upright at all times
- Ensure wood to be treated is dry, free from dirt and repellant coatings such as wax, paint and varnish (remove and sand down as required).
- Wipe oily woods with White Spirit before application
- Apply by brush or lint free cloth – after 10-15 minutes, remove excess oil with a lint free cloth
- Clean equipment with White Spirit
- Precaution: cloths used for oiling may spontaneously combust. Immediately after use, soak them in soapy water then lay them flat outside on a non-combustible surface to dry