BARRETTINE UNIVERSAL WOOD PRESERVER
Barrettine Clear Wood Preserver provides a colourless finish for further painting, varnishing. Can be used on untreated wood or treated timber outdoors and also for use on windows/frames, external doors/frames (internal & external sections). Can also be used on structural timbers on indoor unoccupied areas such as floor joists.
Barrettine Clear Wood Preserver is a ‘colourless’ high-quality, low odour oil/Spirit wood preservative that is deep penetrating. This wax-free primer Wood Preservative is used for wood protection against wood-destroying fungi (wet rot), wood discolouring fungi and wood-boring insects.
- Deep penetrating oil/spirit low odour based formula
- High level, long-lasting wood protection & wood preservation
- Quality primer resins for excellent adhesion
- Contains Tebuconazole, Permethrin & IPBC.
- Protects uncontaminated timber against wet rot, decay and wood boring insect attack.
- Suitable for use on all types of timber, rough, sawn or smooth. For use internally and externally (out of ground). Refer to internal and external definitions of use on the tin.
- Treated timbers can be polished, stained, varnished or painted when dry.
- Approved under COPR/BPR.
- Harmless to plants and pets when dry.
- Low odour ready to use formulation.
- Wax-free primer for overcoating.
- Ensure wood to be treated is dry, free from dirt and repellent coatings such as paint or varnish (remove and sand down as required).
- Recommend using a biocidal wash such as Barrettine Knockout Mould and Mildew prior to treatment.
- Brush, dip, roller or spray in suitable conditions. (When used outdoors make sure weather conditions are dry and still).
- Coverage: 160 ml/m2 or 1 litre to 6.25 sq metres.
- Drying times: 12 h under normal conditions (20°C/65% rel. humidity). Allow a minimum of 24 hours drying time under normal conditions before application of a topcoat.
- Best results – recommend 2-3 applications/coats.
- Clean equipment with Barrettine White Spirit.
- Always read the label. Use biocides safely.
- We recommend applying a water repellent finish after application