Quick Drying Woodstain
Add a natural finish to your windows and doors while protecting them from rain, snow, frost and sunshine. Our Quick Drying Woodstain dries in 30 minutes and resists cracking and peeling too. It looks good and will protect your wood for longer.
Easy to apply, quick drying protection
Rainproof in only 30 minutes
Tough and durable to protect against the elements
Easy to apply
How to apply Quick Drying Woodstain
Before you start
Pick a warmish (above 10°c) dry day and make sure the wood is dry too.
Always wear a mask when sanding surfaces to prevent inhaling any dust.
How to prepare stained or unvarnished wood
- Thoroughly sand the wood with 120 grit sandpaper to remove the old stain or varnish.
- Use white spirit and a cloth to wipe down excess dust and clean the surface.
How to prepare new wood for staining
- Lightly sand the wood to smooth out any lumps and bumps.
- Wipe down the dust with white spirit and clean up any dirt and grime.
If you’re treating veneer, check the supplier’s guidelines before you prepare it.
- Thoroughly stir the woodstain to make sure all the colour pigments are mixed together.
- Use a paintbrush to test the woodstain on a small hidden patch to check that you’re happy with the colour.
- If you like the colour, start painting. Paint in the direction of the grain and, once you’ve finished your first coat, wait four hours before you apply the next coat. It will be rainproof in 30 minutes so don’t worry if the heavens open!
- Before you apply the third and final coat, lightly sand the wood to help the stain stick and give a smoother finish.
After four hours, the woodstain will be completely dry.
If you get any stain on yourself, it can be easily washed off with warm, soapy water.
Once the woodstain is dry, you can look after your windows and doors as normal. Regularly clean them to remove dirt and grime and to show off your DIY skills.
Clean your brushes in warm, soapy water.
If you notice your hard work has signs of scratches or damage, don’t worry, you don’t need to strip it all back and start from square one.
Simply sand down the affected area and repeat the process until you’ve rectified the damage.
||Exterior doors and windows
||Up to 20m2 per litre
||Rainproof in 30 minutes, completely dry in four hours
|Number of coats
||Smoked Walnut, Natural Oak, Natural Pine, Take, Walnut, Black Ebony, Dark Oak, Deep Mahogany
||Satin or gloss
Protects against everything the elements can throw at is
||2.5L, 0.75L, 0.25L,